September 25th marks National Lobster Day, so you bet we are celebrating big! In honor of one of our favorite crustaceans, today we wanted to share some fun facts (courtesy of Mental Floss) about this beloved seafood gem.
- The largest lobster recorded was caught near Nova Scotia in 1977, weighing in at a whopping 44 pounds! Our menus include 1.25 lb. lobsters, but we’d be happy to source bigger ones for you if needed.
- It’s time to heat things up. Did you know the warmer the water, the faster lobsters grow?
- Even though Phoebe on Friends was adamant that “Lobsters mate for life,” that’s not always true. In fact, they are not monogamous after all.
- We love eating lobster, but what do lobsters eat? Lobsters feed off of a variety of ocean creatures — including clams, mussels, crabs and even other lobsters.
- Lobsters walk forward, but if they need to quickly escape, they push themselves backward by pumping their tails!
That’s a wrap! Learn more about our Lobster options and Catered Clambakes here.