Comfort Foods for the Fall!
With Summer’s quick departure and Autumn’s swift arrival, it is easy to feel like the opportunities to gather and celebrate are waning. Luckily, we are here to remind you that Fall is a fantastic time to welcome the cozier months ahead and find ways to celebrate the upcoming season together.
Here are some of our delicious comfort foods and menu-planning suggestions for your Fall events:
- Aim for Heartier Foods. Some of our favorite comfort foods for the cooler months include our Chicken Marsala, Lasagna, Roast Stuffed Pork, Shepherd’s Pie, and even Baked Scrod. A traditional favorite is our Mac N’ Cheese, which we offer in several unique varieties like Buffalo Chicken, Salsa con Queso and a New England favorite...lobster!
- Healthy Options Work Too. No one said you could only have higher-calorie comfort foods; there is room for veggies or a fresh salad too! Pair your chosen entrée(s) with a veggie side dish like Candied Baby Carrots, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, or the Harvest Salad – a fall and winter favorite packed with walnuts, cranberries, crumbled bleu cheese, mixed greens, onions, cucumbers, and peppers with an apple cider vinaigrette. Delicious! Browse all of our a la carte menu items to find something that catches your eye (and appetite)!
- Get Your Soup On! Soup can be an excellent option to incorporate into your menu during the approaching New England winters. Guinness Beef Stew, Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, and Roasted Corn & Butternut Squash Bisque all make for cozy menu add-ons! We even provide Oyster crackers, disposable bowls, and spoons
- Family Style All the Way. You can keep things simple by choosing from one of our fixed menu options, like our Old-Fashioned Family Dinner Buffets! The Roast Dinner – with Roasted Turkey or Pork, Whipped Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Butternut Squash, and Rolls & Butter is always a tummy-filling crowd-pleaser.
- Craving Italian? Our Little Italy menu includes Ziti, Italian Meatballs, Sweet Italian Sausage, Chicken or Eggplant Parmesan, Fresh Garden Salad, and Italian Bread & Butter, has all the fixings you could ever crave!
- Let Us Bring the Food to You! That’s right, in addition to our always available curbside pick-up menu (which has some AMAZING comfort style dishes of its very own), we’ll deliver hot items right your door within an hour’s drive of our commissary in Pawtucket. Be on the lookout for our big white truck with the lobster on it!