7 Vegetarian Menu Ideas for Your Summer BBQ
While summertime BBQs and cookouts are a carnivore’s delight, B & M Catering offers a variety of delicious meat-free options as well. Whether you’re planning a graduation party or backyard birthday bash with friends, here are 7 vegetarian menu ideas to include at your summer BBQ that’ll wow all your party guests!
- Pass the Apps: Pass the apps, please! A few of our favorite summer vegetarian party apps include Pineapple & Sweetened Ricotta Pinwheels, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip and our Middle Eastern Platter – complete with hummus, tabouli, baba ganoush, stuffed grape leaves, feta, olives, cucumber, red onions, crackers and pita bread. When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with a simple Crudité Platter as well!
- Scoop Some Soup: Soup isn’t just for the winter months! Cool off with a summertime favorite – our Gazpacho garnished with diced cucumber – or sip on some hearty vegetable minestrone.
- Go Green: Fresh salads are a summer party must, and fortunately, we’ve got plenty of options for every palate! Some of our seasonal favorites include the Cherry Bomb Salad (with lively ingredients like cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and raspberry vinaigrette) and the Watermelon Salad (featuring watermelon, feta, and mint).
- Scrumptious Sides: You’ll definitely need some scrumptious sides to pair with the main event, and lucky for you most of them are naturally vegetarian. Buttered Corn on the Cob, Pasta Salad with Veggies, Old Fashioned Cole Slaw and Red Bliss Potato Salad are just a few of our BBQ fan-favorites!
- Say Yes to Skewers!: Skip the Teriyaki Beef & Chicken, and opt for our meat-free Tomato & Mozzarella Skewers with pesto or Fresh Fruit Skewers served with a yogurt dip.
- The Main Event: Alas, dinner is served! Our Classic Mac N’ Cheese, Veggie Lasagna, and Baked Stuffed Ziti all make for a hearty main meal. We can offer small or large pans depending on the size of your party!
- Don’t Forget Dessert: Last but not least, you can’t forget dessert! If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’re in for a treat with our seasonal picks: Piña Colada Passion, Blueberry Buckle or Chocolate Dirt Dessert.
Looking for more Summer BBQ options? Check out our Full-Service Catered Barbecue Menus here!