Graduation Parties – Fun, Friends and Food
The beautiful thing about graduation parties is that they can be as simple or as busy as one would like to make them – Food, decorations, activities – Book caterers early to insure your date.
Some of us might still see snow on our yards, but sooner, rather than later, we will come to the realization that Spring has finally sprung. And with Spring comes Graduations! Colleges wrap up next month. High School Graduations are soon to follow in June. It’s our favorite time of the year!
The beautiful thing about graduation parties is that they can be as simple or as busy as one would like to make them. Some folks are quite happy with a simple backyard barbecue with family and friends. Others enjoy igniting their creative spirit with decorations, themes, games and personalized touches.
We have had the honor of catering hundreds of graduation parties. We have seen the most fun and creative ideas for adding to the happy occasion. Here are just a few of the ideas that we have come across.
Share your Key to Success:
After all of the years of hard work and studying, graduation is a time to celebrate all of the accomplishments of the graduate. As he or she prepares to take on the real world, it’s a good idea to share some words of wisdom!
You can invite your guests write down some pieces of advice or inspirational messages that the graduate can read later. At the graduation party, simply set these note tags out near a basket or a bulletin board, along with some pens, and have your friends and family members jot down their wisdom.
Outdoor Graduation Party Games
Outdoor spring and summer graduation parties make for a fun and easy way to entertain everyone who comes to congratulate the scholar. For high school seniors, celebrating graduation is all about enjoying time with friends before heading off onto their own paths. You would be surprised how much fun the graduates can have with fun games they probably grew up playing. Try some of these old time favorites:
- Flag Football
- Corn Hole
- Water Fights – balloons, water guns, hoses – anything is up for grabs!
- Potato Sack Races
- Lawn Twister
- Match the Kindergarten Picture – If you can, try to gather up pictures of the kids from when they were quite young, maybe their kindergarten picture. (Or ask them ahead of time to bring one) Display these ‘golden oldies’ and have people guess who is who – the person with the most right, wins!
- Guess the Teacher – Stick the name of teachers on people’s backs and give them clues to guess who the teacher is. Or, take turns drawing from a hat and acting out. (Be nice, now)
Fun Decorating and Serving Ideas:
- Place framed pictures of the student and his/her friends from every age on each of the tables. These will make great conversation pieces.
- Got Yearbooks? If your town issues yearbooks from pre-senior grades, place those around the tables, as well. Now, there will be no end to conversation and fun.
- Keep Beverages Cold – in a kiddie pool filled with ice.
Need more ideas for activities for a graduation party? Check out the Graduation Party Time Board on our Pinterest Page.
Whether you choose our Full Service Options, supported by our friendly and fun staff, or Pick Up/Delivery Options, B&M Catering offers a wide variety of menu options for graduation parties. Many folks enjoy the freedom of choosing from our A La Carte Menus to make sure they have lots of variety for their guests to choose from. One of our more popular graduation party catering menus is the Chicken and Pig Barbecue. It has a nice variety of hearty foods that are quite tasty and satisfying.
B&M Catering also offers professional bartending services for your graduation party. This service to help make your event run smoothly and safely.
We want this to a memorable event for both you and your guests. We have five great reasons for you to hire a bartending service for your backyard party.
Read what our customers have to say about their experience with our graduation party catering services.
Need more ideas? Check in with our event planning professionals. They can help you find exactly what you need for your next event.