National Bacon Day
December 30th is National Bacon Day, and you can bet your bottom dollar we’re celebrating with, well, lots of bacon here at B & M Catering.
Turns out, bacon dates back to ancient times – when folks started experimenting with pork curing and cooking with bacon fat. Nowadays, bacon is seen pretty much everywhere – from breakfast sandwiches to bacon-wrapped appetizers.
Are you hungry yet? Here are 5 of our favorite bacon-incorporated foods here at B & M!
- Scallops Wrapped in Bacon: Surf and turf at its finest! This popular appetizer is the perfect finger food for your weddings and special events.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon: the perfect way to jazz up your typical Brussels Sprouts – roasted to perfection with just the right amount of crisp!
- Sweet and Salty Mac: This sweet and salty twist on the classic Mac N’ Cheese is finished with a bacon and cornbread topping. Hello comfort food!
- Breakfast Buffet: What’s breakfast without bacon? Our Breakfast Buffets come with your choice of bacon or sausage to pair with your eggs, pancakes, frittatas and more!
- Tim’s Turkey Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: This one’s from B & M’s very own Tim Walker! This tantalizing spin on traditional pasta salad includes peas, ranch dressing and yes, bacon. After all, who doesn’t love another excuse to use bacon in a recipe? Snag the recipe here!
Got your own favorite?
Share your favorite ways to incorporate bacon with us on our Facebook Page.