There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? How about Sweet Corn Pizza!
There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? Here is one suggestion we have for you.
Corn and Tomato Pizza
- 4 8 – inches Italian bread shells (such as Boboli), 7-inch pita bread rounds or Naan flatbread loaves
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- One ‘optional’ topping (*)
- Fresh basil leaves
Cheese choices: (choose one, or a combination of these options)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8-ounce package shredded Italian-blend cheeses (2 cups)
- 8 ounces goat or feta, crumbled
Optional Toppings: (*)
- 1 14 – ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2/3 cup Italian prosciutto, sliced thinly
- Line two large baking sheets with foil. Place bread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425º oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread shells from oven.
- Spread the pesto over bread shell, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Arrange corn and pepper and the optional topping(s), on the bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through.
- Sprinkle basil leaves over the tops of pizzas before serving.
Want more corn recipes? Find our collection on Summer Time Means CORN!