There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? How about Sweet Corn Pizza!
There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? Here is one suggestion we have for you.
Corn and Tomato Pizza
- 4 8 – inches Italian bread shells (such as Boboli), 7-inch pita bread rounds or Naan flatbread loaves
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- One ‘optional’ topping (*)
- Fresh basil leaves
Cheese choices: (choose one, or a combination of these options)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8-ounce package shredded Italian-blend cheeses (2 cups)
- 8 ounces goat or feta, crumbled
Optional Toppings: (*)
- 1 14 – ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2/3 cup Italian prosciutto, sliced thinly
- Line two large baking sheets with foil. Place bread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425º oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread shells from oven.
- Spread the pesto over bread shell, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Arrange corn and pepper and the optional topping(s), on the bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through.
- Sprinkle basil leaves over the tops of pizzas before serving.
Want more corn recipes? Find our collection on Summer Time Means CORN!
Share your corn recipes with us on our Facebook page or drop us an email.
Need more recipes for leftovers from a B&M catered event?
Try these –