There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? How about Fresh Corn Salad!
There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? Here is one suggestion we have for you.
Fresh Corn Salad
- 5 ears of cooked corn-on-the-cob (boiled, steamed or grilled)
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons cider or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl. Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Just before serving, add in the fresh basil. Taste the salad to see if it needs more salt or other seasonings. This dish may be served cold or at room temperature.
Other variations on this recipe:
- Add 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Add chopped scallions to taste
- Add 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- Add 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Want more corn recipes? Find our collection on Summer Time Means CORN!