There are few foods that say “Summer” better than fresh corn-on-the-cob. What to do with those extra ears that remain after your backyard barbecue? Here is one suggestion we have for you.
- 3 cups corn kernels, sheared from the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Diced avocado
- Black beans (rinse well)
- Chopped black olives
This is a great time of year for this dish, just before the tomatoes are in full production. Instead of tomatoes, use corn kernels to make a colorful salsa. With a sharp knife, remove the kernels from ears of corn. Mix the kernels with chopped onion, peppers, cilantro, lime juice and honey. Stir everything together gently.
Serve with corn chips, toasted pita chips, or on top of toasted baguette slices.
Want more corn recipes? Find our collection on Summer Time Means CORN!